CROCK POT BAKED ZITI & GRANNY'S CHOCOLATE COBBLER


Let's start with the Crock Pot Baked Ziti! This was delicious and so easy. I got the recipe from a site called "A Year of Slow Cooking." This is perfect for working moms and families with kids involved in sports activities. I put this together before I left for work and it was ready to eat when I got home.

INGREDIENTS:
1 Bag or Box of your favorite pasta (I used about 3/4 of a box of Penne)
1 Jar of Marinara Sauce
Your favorite shredded cheese (I used some Mexican blend, shredded Mozzarella & Ricotta)
I also browned a pound of hamburger to add in & used a can of diced tomatoes with the juice

DIRECTIONS:
Rinse your pasta in a colander (just so there's some added moisture)
Add a handful of pasta and some sauce to your crock pot
Then throw in some of the ground beef (if you're using)
I then added some of the diced tomatoes followed by some cheese (a little of the different kinds I used)
Then start over until you've used all of your ingredients
I poured the juice from the canned tomatoes over the top after everything was in my crock pot. If you don't use canned tomatoes, just add a couple of tablespoons of water.
I cooked mine on low for about 7 hours but that was too long, noodles were too soft for my taste (but it was still good). Probably 4-5 hours would be perfect. Also, don't forget to add in some salt. I served this with a salad topped with toasted pine nuts!

Now for the dessert!!! Granny's Chocolate Cobbler. This recipe was featured on Tasty Kitchen and it is delicious.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup All-purpose flour
  • 2 t baking powder
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 7 T Cocoa Powder, divided (I used the Dark Chocolate Cocoa)
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar, divided
  • 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/3 cups melted butter
  • 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
  • 1 1/2 cups hot tap water
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
First stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, 3 tablespoons of the cocoa and 3/4 cup of the white sugar. Reserve the remaining cocoa & sugar.
Stir in the milk, melted butter and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix until smooth.
Pour the mixture into an ungreased 8" baking dish (mine was 8 x 8).
In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining white sugar (should be 1/2 cup), the brown sugar and remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the batter. Pour the hot tap water over all. DO NOT STIR!
Bake for about 40 minutes or until center is set

Serve this warm with some vanilla ice-cream. This is even good several days later (if it lasts that long) warmed up for a few seconds in the microwave.

0 comments: