Strawberries (Sun Dried in the Oven)




This was an experiment that turned out very good! I helped Lindsey & Silas make strawberry jam Saturday morning before the soccer tournament. They also froze whole berries (for smoothies) and sliced some & froze for muffins and crushed some and froze for whatever. I started to think about how I make my "sun dried" tomatoes in the oven and wondered if I could do the same thing with srawberries. So I prepared a couple of pans. I just sliced them (not too thin), put them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, sprinkled a little sugar on them and baked for 3-4 hours at 200 degrees. The first batch, which I left in the oven (after I turned oven off), while we went to the soccer game, were too crispy. However, the second batch turned out perfectly. I took them out as soon as they had dried but were still pliable! They are very, very good and will make a great, healthy snack! So, if you find yourself with an abundance of strawberries you should try this. Try to use the larger strawberries so all your slices are about the same size. In my first attempt some of my berries were just too small. When they dried there was basically nothing left. Also, the picture was taken with my Mother's Day gift from my family, A CAMERA JUST FOR MY FOOD PICTURES!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: