Panko, Parmesan & Parsley Pork Chops

My family loved these pork chops. Richard kept talking about how good they were, how he really liked the crunch! I served these chops with sauted Swiss Chard (from my garden) and potato salad (Food Lion's Southern Style). This potato salad is so good, I'll never make homemade again! By the way, if you have a small garden, you should grow Swiss Chard. It is really good and very easy to grow. It looks really pretty in the garden too. Mine is multi colored, meaning the stems are different colors. Some are red, orange, yellow, kind of like a rainbow!
Ingredients:
  • 8 whole Thin Sliced Boneless Pork Chops (I used 4 & mine were thick so I just put them in a zip lock bag and pounded them to a thickness of about 1/4")
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 2 T Fresh Parsley, chopped (I used dried)
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour (I used about 1/8 cup for 4 chops)
  • 2 whole eggs (I used 1)
  • 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs (I used 1/2 cup for 4 chops)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 Lemon

Directions:

Place boneless pork chops in a large zip lock bag or between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound to tenderize or thin your chops. Remove from plastic and salt & pepper both sides of the meat; set aside. Finely chop your fresh parsley or use dried. Next you want to prepare your dredging/breading assembly line. Use 3 shallow dishes (I used pie plates). The first should be your flour. Plate 2 should have your eggs, beaten. Plate 3 should have your panko bread crumbs. Mix the Parmesan & parsley with the bread crumbs.Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat the bottom. Start your dredging process. First coat the pork chop in flour on both sides. Then dip in the egg. Then finally in the panko mixture. Make sure you fully coat both sides. Set on a platter and continue dredging 3 more chops. (It's easier to do 4 at the time and get them into your pan, then you can dredge the other 4 while the first batch is cooking). Place the first 4 chops into the pan (you should get a good sizzle). They will only need to cook about 3-4 minutes per side. Turn them over when they are nice and golden brown. Remove the first batch and place on a plate lined with a paper towel. Add more oil, if needed, to cook the 2nd batch. Slice lemon into wedges and squeeze over pork chops. I am the only one who likes lemon on my food so I only did this for my chop! I also sprinkled a little chopped, fresh parsley over chops before serving.

Prep Time 15 Min Cook Time 15 Min; Serves 8

SWISS CHARD

Ingredients:

  • 1 bunch Swiss Chard, any color (what I have in my garden is a rainbow of colors)
  • 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 whole Medium Onion, halved & sliced into half moons
  • 1/2 t crushed Red Pepper Flakes (you can omit this or decrease if you don't like heat)
  • 1/2 cups Chicken Broth, vegetable broth or water
  • 2 T Toasted Pine Nuts (I love these)
  • 1/4 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled (I didn't have any so I just left out)
  • Salt & freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

Cut the stems off the Swiss Chard leaves (I just lay down the leaf, start at the top of the stem closest to the leaf and cut down on each side of stem). Thinly slice the leaves into long ribbons & cut the stems (if they are large) into thin slices. Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the Swiss Chard stems, onion and red pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Cook until the stems & onions have softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add the broth or water and the Swiss Chard leaves. Partially cover and cook until the leaves have wilted but still have some body to them, about 5 minutes. (You don't want to overcook the leaves or they will be mushy). Using a slotted spoon, scoop the Swiss Chard and onions into a serving bowl, draining off most of the liquid. Top with toasted pine nuts and feta cheese (I left off the feta). Serve hot or warm.

Prep Time: 10 min, Cook Time 15 Min; Serves 4

0 comments: