SUPER YUMMY CHICKEN POT PIE



Whenever I make chicken pot pie I always use the Pampered Chef recipe. However, I didn't have pie shells and didn't want to go to the grocery store today so I searched for chicken pot pie recipes using ingredients I had at home. This will replace the Pampered Chef recipe in my household! When Katie says a new recipe for something is better than the old one . . . well that just never happens! We all agreed, this is definitely better!


Ingredients:
1 Chicken or 5 chicken breasts, cooked & chopped (I used a leftover rotisserie chicken)
16 oz (1 can) Mixed Vegetables (don't drain)
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup

Topping:
1 cup Bisquick, baking mix
1/8 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup chicken broth

Directions:
  1. Lay chicken in bottom of 8x8 baking pan (I used an 8 x 11 1/2 Pyrex dish)
  2. Mix vegetables and cream of chicken soup in microwave bowl; heat until warm
  3. Spread vegetable mixture on top of chicken
  4. Combine bisquick butter, mayonnaise & chicken broth & stir until just combined
  5. Pour over chicken and spread to evenly distribute.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees till the topping is golden brown, about 45 min.
Recipe says this serves 6. Probably would if no one wanted seconds!
If you use rotisserie chicken prep time is about 20 min.



0 comments: