SWISS STEAK



Katie had a 5pm soccer game today so I put tonight's dinner in my slow cooker before I left for work this morning. It was delicious and so easy! A couple of year's ago my Aunt Madge mentioned "swiss steak." I knew what "country style steak" was but that wasn't what she was talking about. So I did a little research and the recipe I'm sharing is Paula Deen's. Your family will love this!

INGREDIENTS
  • Cubed Steak (enough to feed your family)
  • 1 t garlic powder
  • salt & pepper
  • all purpose flour for dusting
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
  • 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 1 14 1/2 oz can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 medium onion, cut into strips
  • 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
DIRECTIONS

The cubed steak I had was in rather large pieces so I just cut mine into serving size pieces, a couple of larger pieces for Richard and smaller ones for me & Katie. Season to taste with garlic powder, salt & pepper. Dust meat with flour. In a heavy skillet brown meat on both sides in the oil. Transfer meat to a Dutch oven Add garlic, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and about 1/2 to 3/4 tomato can measure of water on top of meat. Simmer over low heat until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Once I browned my steak I added it to my slow cooker and then added all the other ingredients, put the lid on and cooked it on low all day. I served mine over top of rice.



0 comments: