BROCCOLI & CHEESE SOUP

It's Friday! I don't usually cook on Friday and tonight was no exception. But Texas Steak House did a good job! I will share what I cooked last night though! It's a repeat for me +1 so if you like broccoli & cheese soup you will definitely want to try this one.

BROCCOLI & CHEESE SOUP

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 lbs fresh broccoli florets (cut into bite sized pieces)(2 pkgs of the
broccoli from Aldi is what I use, just cut the florets off the stems.
2 cups water or chicken broth (I always use broth, just makes it better)
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup cold water
1 pint half & half (I use fat free)
1 lb velveeta cheese, cut into cubes (I use the 2%)

Steam broccoli until crisp tender
Place half & half and broth or water in a double boiler (I just put about an inch of water in a pot, bring to a simmer and set a bowl on the pot thus a "double boiler")
Add cheese, salt & pepper to the broth & half & half. Heat & stir until cheese is melted. Add broccoli. Mix cornstarch & cold water in a small bowl. Stir into broccoli mixture and heat over the simmering water until soup thickens.

That's all there is to it. Katie likes me to serve hers up in a bread bowl. Just go to Harris Teeter and buy one large round loaf of bread or several small round loaves. Cut the top out, scoop bread from the inside and use as a serving dish for the soup. After your soup has been eaten, eat your "bowl!"

0 comments: