CRISPY POPCORN CHICKEN WITH HONEY MUSTARD

Panera Bread made dinner for me & Katie tonight! Katie had a soccer game in Greenville so I didn't cook. However, I do want to share a recipe that I have fixed. It's one of Katie's favorites. This recipe was given to me by my oldest daughter, Lindsey, who got it from a friend from her church.

CRISPY POPCORN CHICKEN WITH HONEY MUSTARD

Ingredients
1 lb chicken cut into bite-sized pieces (I just use boneless, skinless chicken
breasts
1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 pkg onion soup mix (any brand will do, I buy whatever is the cheapest)
4 T melted butter
1 gallon sized zip-lock bag

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Add all dry ingredients to zip lock bag and shake to mix up
Add chicken pieces to bag and shake to coat
Place chicken on a greased baking sheet & drizzle the pieces with melted butter
Cook 10 minutes, turn chicken pieces over and cook an additional 10-12 minutes or until done. I just cut into a piece after they have cooked a few minutes on the second side to see if the chicken is still pink. You just don't want to overcook and dry it out. Mine turned out delicious and juicy! Serve with the Honey Mustard!

HOMEMADE HONEY MUSTARD

Ingredients
Honey
Mustard (regular, yellow mustard)
Mayonnaise

Add honey, mustard & mayo to a bowl and adjust to your liking. I did equal parts of honey & mustard and about twice as much mayo, but this is up to you. Then just mix it up good and serve. I had some leftover so I used it on a sandwich the next day. It really is good!

0 comments: