ROASTED LONDON BROIL WITH CUCUMBER-PINEAPPLE SALSA


Tonight's dinner was delicious. I can't wait for you to try it. It's beef, your man will love it!

ROASTED LONDON BROIL WITH CUCUMBER-PINEAPPLE SALSA

(The recipe actually called for Tri-Tip steak but I had no idea what that was, I had a London Broil in the freezer so that's what I used!)

INGREDIENTS
5 T EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 T chili powder
Salt & Pepper
1 lb tri-tip steak (again I used London Broil) at room temperature & patted dry
1/2 whole wheat baguette, thickly sliced
1/4 pineapple, peeled and finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 english cucumber, finely chopped (english cucumbers were too expensive so I just used a long regular cucumber that I washed, cut in half and cored to remove the seeds)
1/2 red onion finely chopped
Grated peel and juice of 1 lime

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together 2 T olive oil, chili powder, 1 t salt and 1/2 t pepper; rub all over both sides of the steak. In a large ovenproof skillet (I used my cast iron skillet), heat 1 T olive oil over medium high heat. Add the steak to the pan and cook, turning once, until browned, about 5 minutes total. Transfer steak and pan to the oven; roast until it registers 125 degrees on an instant-read thermometer for medium-rare, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven & let it rest 10 minutes before thinly slicing. I added about 1/2 cup beef broth to my skillet after I removed steak and deglazed the pan using this liquid as au jus to pour over steak.

2. Meanwhile, brush the bread slices with the remaining 2 T of olive oil (I just drizzled some on top of bread) and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet; toast in the oven (I used my toaster oven) for 3 to 5 minutes.

3. In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, cucumber, onion, grated lime peel (I used my microplane grater for this; if you don't have one please get one) and lime juice; season with salt & pepper. Serve with the steak and toasts.

I also roasted some asparagus. Just put in a pan, drizzle with olive oil, add salt & pepper and roast at 400 degrees until tender (it only took about 10 minutes) and I reheated my leftover twice baked potato casserole.

Everything about this meal was perfect! The Cucumber-Pineapple Salsa was my favorite and was a great side dish to the beef! My family thanked me which is always nice!

0 comments: