ITALIAN MELT-IN-YOUR MOUTH MEATBALLS & SPAGHETTI

I really want everyone to make these meatballs! They are so good, so easy and you can use some now and freeze some for later! The first time I made them we had "spaghetti & meatballs" and I froze some that we used for "meatball subs.





ITALIAN MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH MEATBALLS

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs ground beef (I use 1 lb ground beef and 1/2 lb ground pork)
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup breadcrumbs (I used Italian bread crumbs)
1-2 T fresh minced garlic (which is what I used; 2 T) or 1 t garlic powder.
1-2 t salt (I used 2 t seasoned salt (Lawry's)
1 t fresh ground black pepper
1/3 cup milk
1/2 t dried oregano
1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley (I used 2T dried parsley) It's a little too early for my "fresh from the garden" parsley

Directions:

  1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
  2. Shape into small meatballs (at this point you can place on a baking sheet and freeze to use later or cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate up to 24 hours before using). I placed some on a baking sheet, covered with plastic wrap and put in freezer. Once they are frozen I will place in a zip lock bag for later use. If you freeze them this way you can remove them one at a time to use for a quick meatball sub for yourself!
  3. Drop the meatballs into simmering pasta sauce (which I just poured from a jar) do not stir for at least 20 minutes or you will risk breaking the meatballs.
  4. Continue cooking in the simmering sauce for another 20 minutes (depending on how fast your sauce is simmering 40 minutes total should fully cook the meatballs).
  5. You may also bake the meatballs at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Now you are ready to serve the meatballs & sauce over cooked spaghetti or make meatball subs. We had spaghetti & meatballs, tossed salad and olive and herb filone bread that I got for $1.89 at Harris Teeter today. I served the bread with a bowl of olive oil for dipping. Oh my, it was delicious! I promise, if you make this for your family one time they will ask for it again and again! Make sure you check back this weekend. My plan is to make "Red Beans & Rice." My good friend Phil M. brought me some he had made along with the recipe. It was awesome! Can't wait to make for my family.



0 comments: